Welcome to All Hallows Day Centre
Located in the village of Ditchingham, near Bungay, All Hallows Day Centre is a modern, purpose-built facility where we support adults of all ages, including those with a physical disability or living with dementia, with enjoyable and stimulating day care within a safe and homely environment.
The centre, which opened in 2004, provides up to 30 people a day with an opportunity to have fun, socialise and take part in a wide range of activities, helping them to maintain skills whilst offering family carers a well-earned break.
Our service aims to help combat social isolation, promote independence and improve wellbeing.
Facilities include a spacious lounge/activity room, large dining room, assisted bathrooms, treatment room, quiet room, landscaped gardens and greenhouse.
Our team of professional care staff are fully trained in all aspects of personal care and work closely with families, social workers, GPs, district nurses and home care agencies to maintain a high level of service and continuity of care. Supporting our care staff and customers are a team of minibus drivers, catering and domestic staff, as well as a dedicated team of volunteers. We are always looking for volunteers to join our Day Care team (please see our vacancies page)
Sample daytime programme
Opening times: We are open Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).
When you visit the centre, you can expect:
- A warm and friendly welcome followed by tea/coffee and biscuits.
- A choice of activities, depending on your interests.
- A varied hot and nutritious lunch and sweet, with provision for special dietary requirements.
- Exercises/movement and afternoon activities.
- Afternoon tea and cake.
Services and facilities available
- Free door-to door transport if required for those living in and around the Bungay area
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Assisted bathing with hoists
- Stand-aid/hoists for wheelchair transfer
- Freshly prepared two-course hot and nutritious lunch to suit any dietary needs
- Therapeutic and social activities
- Exercise and movement
- Live entertainment
- Internet access
- An enclosed garden/patio area
- A bi-monthly newsletter
- Monthly raffles (donations gratefully received)
- Free ‘taster’ day (lunch extra)
- Disabled parking
- Pets for therapy visits
Getting to know you
Before joining us, we like to arrange a face-to-face or telephone assessment, where we can have a chat to get to know your needs and interests. The assessment will also give you the opportunity to ask questions or share any concerns.
Getting to and from All Hallows Day Centre
We have two specially adapted and fully accessible minibuses and are able to offer a free-door-to-door transport service for those living in and around the Bungay area who have no other means of getting to All Hallows Day Centre.
All journeys using our minibuses to and from the day centre are escorted by a member of the care team.
Providing independence with care
- We will treat you as an individual.
- We will support you to keep your independence and maintain your dignity.
- For your protection, our staff and volunteers will continue to use PPE and follow a strict cleaning regime at the centre.
- We will take personal responsibility to uphold the Empanda Values – accountability, commitment, compassion and integrity.
What our customers are saying
click here to find out what our customers think about the service.
We offer a variety of packages, so if you’d like to spend the day with us, come in and enjoy a nice relaxing bath, or a combination of these, there’s bound to be something to suit your needs. Prices are available on request.
If you would like more information about the services we offer at All Hallows Day Centre, or if you, a relative or a friend would like to attend the Centre and use the facilities we have on offer, why not give us a call to arrange an assessment and free taster day. We would love to hear from you.
click here to download a copy of our brochure.
Linda Robinson – Day Centre Manager
Empanda Care & Support Ltd CIC
All Hallows Day Centre
Ditchingham, Nr Bungay
Tel: 01986 458002