Welcome to Brandon Day Centre
Located close to the Town Centre of Brandon in Suffolk, Brandon Day Centre is a purpose-built single-storey facility, the build of which was funded by the local community.
At Brandon Day Centre, we support adults of all ages, including those with a physical disability or living with dementia, with enjoyable, therapeutic day care within a safe and homely environment.
Customers attending the centre have the opportunity to have fun, socialise and take part in a wide range of activities, whilst offering family carers a well-earned break.
Our service aims to help combat social isolation, promote independence and improve wellbeing.
Facilities include a spacious lounge/activity room, large dining room, assisted bathroom, meeting room (also available for hire) and an enclosed garden/patio area.
Our team of professional care staff are fully trained in all aspects of personal care and work closely with families, social workers, GPs, district nurses and home care agencies to maintain a high level of service and continuity of care. Supporting our care staff and customers are a team of minibus drivers, catering and domestic staff, as well as a dedicated team of volunteers.
We are always looking for volunteers to join our Day Care team (please see our vacancies page).
Sample daytime programme
Opening times: We are currently open four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) except Bank Holidays.
When you visit the centre, you can expect:
- A warm and friendly welcome followed by tea/coffee and biscuits.
- A choice of activities, depending on your interests.
- A varied hot and nutritious lunch and sweet, with provision for special dietary requirements.
- Exercise/movement and afternoon activities.
- Afternoon tea and cake.
Services and facilities available
- Free door-to door transport if required
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Assisted bathing with hoists
- Stand-aid/hoists for wheelchair transfer
- Freshly prepared two-course hot and nutritious lunch to suit any dietary needs
- Therapeutic and social activities
- Exercise and movement
- Live entertainment
- An enclosed garden/patio area
- A bi-monthly newsletter
- Raffles (donations gratefully received)
- Free Wi-Fi internet access
- Free ‘taster’ day (lunch extra)
- Meeting room (also available for hire)
Getting to know you
Before joining us, we like to arrange a face-to-face or telephone assessment, where we can have a chat to get to know your needs and interests. The assessment will also give you the opportunity to ask questions or share any concerns.
Getting to and from Brandon Day Centre
We have two specially adapted and fully accessible minibuses which are funded by Brandon Community Association through their charity shop and supported by the local community.
We are able to offer a free-door-to-door transport service for those living in and around the Brandon area who have no other means of getting to Brandon Day Centre.
All journeys using our minibuses to and from the day centre are escorted by a member of the care team.
Providing independence with care
- We will treat you as an individual.
- We will support you to keep your independence and maintain your dignity.
- For your protection, our staff and volunteers will continue to use PPE and follow a strict cleaning regime at the centre.
- We will take personal responsibility to uphold the Empanda Values – accountability, commitment, compassion and integrity.
We offer a variety of packages, so if you’d like to spend the day with us, come in and enjoy a nice relaxing bath, or a combination of these, there’s bound to be something to suit your needs. Prices are available on request.
If you would like more information about the services we offer at Brandon Day Centre, or if you, a relative or a friend would like to attend the centre and use the facilities we have on offer, why not give us a call to arrange an assessment and free taster day. We would love to hear from you.
Meeting room facilities
click here to find out how you can book our excellent meeting room facilities.
What our customers are saying
click here to find out what our customers think about the service.
A friendly place to meet
Whilst the provision of day care will always be the main service at the centre, many groups also use our meeting room facilities.
We host a free Coffee and Friends event every Monday morning between 10am and noon at the centre. Formerly known as Meet up Mondays, this event is organised by volunteer Lorraine and provides a warm and welcoming space for people who are isolated and want to make new friends with an opportunity to get together over a cuppa and biscuits.
click here to download a copy of our brochure.
If you would like more information about the services we offer at the Brandon Day Centre, or if you, a relative or a friend would like to attend the Centre and use the facilities we have on offer, why not pop in for a chat, or give us a call. We would love to hear from you.
Michelle Jarrett – Manager
Empanda Care & Support Ltd CIC
Brandon Day Centre
Tel: 01842 819777