Welcome to Brandon Day Centre
Located close to the Town Centre of Brandon in Suffolk, The Brandon Day Centre is a purpose-built single-storey facility, funded by the local community.
At the Brandon Day Centre, we support older people and those with physical and mental health needs with enjoyable, therapeutic day care within a safe, secure environment. The Centre gives service users the opportunity to have fun and socialise with other people, and offers family carers a well-deserved break.
Facilities include a spacious lounge/activity room with tea and coffee making area, large dining room and fully-equipped kitchen, hairdressing salon,
assisted bathroom and meeting facilities.
Our team of professional care staff are fully trained in care and support provision.
Our day centre members’ committee decide how amenity funds are spent, for example, for trips, outside entertainment or new equipment.
Providing independence with care
- We will treat you as an individual.
- We will enable you to keep your independence and maintain your dignity.
- If you’d like to meet new people, take part in activities, enjoy a hot lunch, learn new skills and reminisce about old times, then join us at the Centre.
What you can expect from the service
We offer a variety of packages, so whether you would like to spend a whole or half day with us, join us for lunch, or come in and enjoy a nice, relaxing bath specially designed for people who find it difficult to manage on their own, there’s bound to be something to suit your needs.
Sample daytime programme
Opening times: Monday to Friday 10.00am – 4.00 pm.
- A warm and friendly welcome followed by coffee and biscuits.
- A choice of activities.
- A varied hot lunch and sweet, with provision for special dietary requirements.
- Quiet time to relax and reflect.
- Exercises and afternoon activities.
- Tea and biscuits.
Services and facilities available
- Assisted bathing with hoists.
- A hot nutritious two-course lunch.
- Therapeutic and social activities.
- Hairdressing. *
- Chiropody. *
- Internet access.
- An enclosed garden/patio area.
- Door-to-door transport funded by Brandon Community Association.
- Help with arranging medical appointments or finding support groups to help with your everyday needs.
- A ‘safe care’ sitting service to offer carers a break. *
- A monthly newsletter.
* Booked by appointment
Meeting room facilities
click here to find out how you can book our excellent meeting room facilities.
What our customers are saying
click here to find out what our customers think about the service.
Our aspirations for the future
Whilst the provision of day care will always be a key service at the Centre, we have aspirations to grow and develop the Brandon facility into a vibrant community space that people can be proud of.
Cafe 27 is now open to the public (Monday to Friday), serving delicious snacks, cakes real coffee and a range of teas. The cafe is also a ‘Meet up Monday’ venue, offering a free cuppa and biscuits to those who are isolated and want to meet people and make new friends. We are working with staff, partners, supporters and the local community to explore different ways to expand and improve the range of services we offer in the future to make the Centre a valuable resource for the people of Brandon and the wider community, including meeting room facilities where community groups can meet.
As well as providing refreshments to those using the day care service, we would like to open a lunch club for the town and will be looking to offer apprenticeship opportunities for local young people.
click here to download a copy of our brochure.
If you would like more information about the services we offer at the Brandon Day Centre, or if you, a relative or a friend would like to attend the Centre and use the facilities we have on offer, why not pop in for a chat, or give us a call. We would love to hear from you.